Translate

dimanche 3 novembre 2013

Learn how to study anatomy and physiology

Learn how to study anatomy and physiology


If you are or intend to study a field related to health, you need to learn about the human anatomy and physiology. These are extremely complex issues that can be a bit overwhelming without the right approach, but since it concerns all of us, it is also very interesting. So you just need to know how to study anatomy and physiology in order to succeed in your studies and career.

I am a massage therapist. After I got certified as such and I started getting clients, I realized that my knowledge and understanding of human anatomy and physiology was minimal and often was asked questions by my clients I did not answer. What a shame! So I decided to try to deepen my knowledge on these subjects at home, because I did not have the time or money to sign up for a class. It took a little effort, as the study of any subject, but after only a few months, I realized that my clients ask me more questions, and also more complex issues, and I always had an answer for them. Not that I knew what they were asking me about, but I knew enough to help. Around the same time, I realized that I was getting busier. I started to ask my new clients where they had heard of me, and they were all referral of my other clients!

He who works with the human body, is expected to know the anatomy and physiology. But some of us need more information or just want to learn more than what is or has been taught to us in class. So, here is my experience on how to study anatomy and physiology.

First, the anatomy is all about memorization. You need to know what is what and how it's called. So what is best to store the flash cards, where you have images of the human anatomy, associated with names so you can see the information you need to memorize down and easy to digest. Now you can do it yourself (if you have lots of time on your hands), or buy them online or in a book store. For each of these options, you must ensure that the information on these cards is complete and leaves nothing out.

Physiology requires more understanding. You need to understand each system and its function in the human body. Reading the books will give you the information, but I find that I learn a lot more when someone explains things to me. Even better is if I can get the same explanation over and over again. I would recommend you get either an online or videos on human physiology that you would be able to play as many times as you want.

Now you need to determine what is the best time of day for you to study anatomy and physiology. Studying at the same time each day will make your sessions more effective. Your brain will be formed to enter the mode of study at this time of the day and after a while, it will be easier and you get the most out of each lesson. Also, to study anatomy and physiology means repetition. You can learn more about the daily study sessions small, with one or two big sessions each week. Repetition is the key!

Finally, with different media will help you learn more. The books are great, but can be tiring. With some visual and audio-visual stimulate another part of your brain that might be tired of reading, but can still absorb more information if it is delivered in an interesting way. To obtain different images of the human anatomy, physiology courses that you can repeat at home as many times as you want, and a set time of day when you commit to your studies will the key to your success, well, that was the key to mine! Good Luck! ......

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire